Today I thought I would mix things up a bit and do a fun DIY for fall! I'm not super into crafty decor because I like keeping my spaces as clean and simple as possible, but I was wanting a little fall accent to spice up my desk (and gold is always the best way to go). This DIY is so inexpensive and adds the perfect autumny look without being too "in your face" festive.
Literally all you need is:
Spray paint (I used a metallic gold)
Pinecones (courtesy of the tree in my backyard)
All you have to do is:
1. Set out newspaper or some other giant sheet of paper to cover the space you will be working on.
2. Shake the spray paint and start spraying each pinecone.
3. Let them dry for a few minutes and start spraying on a second coat.
4. Make sure you get all sides and nooks of the pinecones!
5. Let the wet pinecones dry over night, in fresh air if possible.
They make the cutest decoration on a shelf or desk!
This DIY is super similar to the one I did with the gold animals that are also on my desk, see mine here and the original post right here.
If you decide to try this out as well, definitely tweet me a picture!
Have you added any festive decorations to your space for fall?