Lately I've been trying to run a lot more to build up my endurance and get back into good shape for tennis season. Even though tennis isn't a lot of running, spending some time on the treadmill makes it easier to sprint to balls across the court (not to mention it makes our surprise timed miles slightly less stressful :). The only problem is I get so bored while running which makes me want to stop a lot sooner, which is definitely not ideal when you're trying to build up your distance. Soo after a bit of brainstorming I came up with some ways to entertain yourself on a treadmill! Listening to fun music is always a great idea, but I've noticed that when I forgot my headphones I zoned out and could run a lot longer because I lost track of time. See my 10 other tips below!
1. Race the people next to you.
2. Make up elaborate back stories for all the people in the gym around you.
3. Watch a TV show.
4. Think of something fun to do the next day.
5. Think about the delicious and healthy food you are going to eat after your workout.
6. Pretend you are running in an Olympic race.
7. Bring a friend with you and catch up.
8. Plan out your meals for the next day.
9. Think of all the cute clothes you're going to wear after you shred some calories.
10. Mix up your playlist and jam to some new songs.
Share your tips in the comments below!