One of my goals for citrus & style is to use more original photographs, especially for my outfits and health related posts. Since I have been trying out a bunch of healthy recipes this summer, I thought it would be perfect to get some shots of everything I try and share the ones I love! First up is this apple sandwich that is literally so, so easy to make and actually really delicious. And don't worry - this isn't one of those recipes that look good but taste like dry oats or something. It is a genuinely yummy snack perfect for a quick summer treat!
All you need:
Peanut or Almond Butter
Granola of your choice
Here's what you do:
1. Use an apple corer to remove the core from the apple so there is a hole through the middle.
2. Slice the apple into slightly thick pieces almost like a donut.
3. Spread peanut butter onto one side of the slice of the apple and sprinkle a light layer of granola on top.
4. On another slice, spread a really light layer of peanut butter onto one side.
5. Put the two pieces together and add another layer of peanut butter and granola if you wish.
Super easy right?
I totally recommend this if you want something a little sweet to tide you over until your next meal.
Have you tried anything like this before?